POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "scale" again... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  "scale" again... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Marc Champagne
Subject: "scale" again...
Date: 10 Sep 2003 22:46:41
Message: <Xns93F2E748D2C8BPOVMIKA@204.213.191.226>
Ummm me again!

Here is another use that boggles my mind:

    	scale 10 + z * 30

Without testing I would assume the following 2 lines will do the same as
above:

    	scale <10,10,10>
    	scale < 1, 1,30>

or am I reading it wrong.

I believe the use of x, y and z (also t, u and v for that matter) are
to make things more readable, not more complex.

I guess this goes with any language, where one can create complex
shortcuts that become not so obvious to read later on.

I'm not in my cup tonight, please excuse me :)

Thanks

--
Marc Champagne
marcch.AT.videotron.DOT.ca