POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Att.: The POV-Ray team - About email addresses in the documentation Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Att.: The POV-Ray team - About email addresses in the documentation (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Att.: The POV-Ray team - About email addresses in the documentation
Date: 3 Jul 2003 10:31:49
Message: <Xns93ADA9C77AA9Atorolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
My problem (an maybe others') is that in this chapter:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/300/

- of the online POV-Ray documentation there are many email addresses
spelled out clearly with a mailto tag in front. This makes it very
easy for spam-bots to harvest these email-addresses while they are
traversing the POV-Ray web pages and other copies/translations of it.

E.g.:
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/geomformats/pov/pov35
http://oceis.net/reprise_povray350.html

I receive a lot of spam and my email address will soon be unusable.

Can you please change this so that spam-bots cannot get mine and
the others' email addresses from these pages ?

I found some informaion about the topic here:

http://www.turnstep.com/Spambot

Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message