POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : glass cylinder on plane Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:10:35 EDT (-0400)
  glass cylinder on plane (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Micha Riser
Subject: glass cylinder on plane
Date: 29 Nov 1998 13:21:58
Message: <98112919275000.05226@micha>
I tried to make a glass cylinder standing on a plane.
If the cylinder's bottom is exactly on the plane there is the problem of
coincident surfaces. But what is the correct solution: to set the something
above plane or somthing in plane?

And how to solve it when water an glass (different iors) objects touches each
other?

Here's an example scene (of the first question):

---------

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
#include "glass.inc"

camera{
 location <0,.9,-2.5>
 look_at <0,0.6,0>
}

light_source{
 <3,10,-10>
 color White*2
 }

plane{y,0 pigment{White_Marble}}

#declare my_cyl=cylinder{<0,0,0><0,1.5,0>,.3
texture{T_Glass1}
interior{I_Glass}
}

object{my_cyl translate<-1,0.0001,0>}