POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : please confirm ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  please confirm ... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jan Walzer
Subject: please confirm ...
Date: 23 Feb 2002 16:59:57
Message: <8JPUA55t4xB@lzer.net>
If I render a (Widescreen[1]-)Image ...
... with a resolution of 3840x1024 ...
... and this image renders at a rate of 1PPS (dooh ... it increased in the
    last line, it startet the hard part[3] with 26PPM)
... and I still have 500 lines to do ...

... this will take a loooong[2] time ?

I think about halting the pic and continuing with more conservative[4] AA-
settings ...

[1] I'm rendering a wallpaper, that fits in my multimon-environment[5]
[2] just a short calculation: 3840 Px/line means ~1 line/h ...
    ... meaning >~500h ... meaning .... oh my god ...
[3] a ground-plane with (fresnel)reflection blur, a crackle(metric 1)-
pigment wich is reflecting a quite complex TTF with fade-color.
[4] +AM2 +AA0.3 +R4
[5] (3x 1280x1024)
[6] /me likes to write footnotes ...
[-1] Error: footnote overflow