POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need Help : From Hobby to Profession Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Need Help : From Hobby to Profession (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Satyakam Khadilkar
Subject: Need Help : From Hobby to Profession
Date: 8 May 1998 09:46:11
Message: <6iv2dr$ifa$1@oz.aussie.org>
Hi Everybody,
I need some help from the professionals. I have been developing and learning
computer-graphics, especially ray-tracing (with povray) as a hobby.  I am a
CAD/CAM software developer (using C++/JAVA) at present and want to move into
the field of computer graphics (especially animations). The problem is I
have a degree in Civil Engg. and not in computers which makes a bit
difficult to find this particular job.
Can anybody guide me in finding a way to enter this field. Are there any
good/recognised courses in some univs that I can take to get qualified ( I
am living in CT, USA) . Has anybody went through this process ?

Please let me know if you have any idea.

regards
satyakam
http://members.tripod.com/~tRAYser/index.html