POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Curious (co) Incident of the Cam in the Light. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  The Curious (co) Incident of the Cam in the Light. (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Stephen
Subject: The Curious (co) Incident of the Cam in the Light.
Date: 1 Jan 2006 05:40:57
Message: <6dcfr11aplgjvpm5s6s7sfijdeb177keus@4ax.com>
Can anyone explain to me what I am seeing in the animation posted in
p.b.a. I have a cube with an emitting media material. Inside a cube
with a scattering media material. The emitting media uses a DF3 file
created by taking slices of a sphere with an agate material. There is
a spotlight 50 units away from the DF3 box. When the camera and the
spotlight are coincidental there is a strange artifact. As the camera
approaches the Spotlight, along the x axis, the central artifact grows
in size. When the camera passes through the Spotlight, it looks to me
as if you are traveling inside a reflecting cone.
I can of course post code.