POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spectral rendering with indoor lights Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:00:53 EDT (-0400)
  Spectral rendering with indoor lights (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Spectral rendering with indoor lights
Date: 22 Mar 2023 22:21:12
Message: <641bb798$1@news.povray.org>
SpectralRender, as Ive wrote it, uses daylight whites for its white
points.  The problem is that daylight is not defined below 4000 K.
Indoor film is calibrated to 3200 K, and warm white lights, which range
from 2700 K to 3000 K, look too orange at higher white points.

I finally got frustrated with being unable to properly render indoor
lights, so I further modified SpectralComposer to use black body whites
below 4000 K.

https://github.com/CousinRicky/POV-SpectralRender-mods/releases/tag/vRC3-0.22-2

For the full SpectralRender package, see:

https://www.lilysoft.org/CGI/SR/Spectral%20Render.htm