POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : --- Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:52:22 EDT (-0400)
  --- (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: Lohmueller website archive
Date: 18 Feb 2023 23:44:07
Message: <63f1a917$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/02/2023 10:56, Bald Eagle wrote:
> I have just uploaded Friedrich Lohmueller's website that I archived here:
>
> https://ufile.io/wlsy82k3
>
> The file hosting service will keep it there for the next 30 days.
>
> Please consider downloading a local copy to preserve this indispensable
> resource.
>
> The zip is 208 MB.
> Unzipped it is 329 MB.
>
> Hopefully I can begin converting this into a PDF at some point.
>
> - Bill

In addition to this I’d like to mention I also have a copy of the site
(derived from archive.org).  This is about 2GB (unsure of the reason for
the difference). I intend to make it available once I’ve converted
hard-coded links to be relative. I also want to contact Andrea if I can (I
don’t have any email address, but there is a snail mail one).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> Please consider downloading a local copy to preserve this indispensable
> resource.
And now it available here: https://povlab.online/povtutorial/

Post a reply to this message

Btw, if you have any other materials to share - just send them to me.
I have 15Gb free on my host.
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

Op 19/02/2023 om 05:44 schreef Chris Cason:
> On 19/02/2023 10:56, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> I have just uploaded Friedrich Lohmueller's website that I archived here:
>>
>> https://ufile.io/wlsy82k3
>>
>> The file hosting service will keep it there for the next 30 days.
>>
>> Please consider downloading a local copy to preserve this indispensable
>> resource.
>>
>> The zip is 208 MB.
>> Unzipped it is 329 MB.
>>
>> Hopefully I can begin converting this into a PDF at some point.
>>
>> - Bill
>>

> In addition to this I’d like to mention I also have a copy of the site
> (derived from archive.org).  This is about 2GB (unsure of the reason for
> the difference). I intend to make it available once I’ve converted
> hard-coded links to be relative. I also want to contact Andrea if I can (I
> don’t have any email address, but there is a snail mail one).
>
> -- Chris

Bill, Chris, Sergey: Thanks indeed for your efforts to preserve
Friedrich's fundamental contributions.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message