POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Text String to Vector. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Text String to Vector. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Stephen
Subject: Text String to Vector.
Date: 4 Jan 2014 16:15:39
Message: <52c879fb$1@news.povray.org>
I've looked but cannot find the answer. :-)

How can I convert a text string in the form of "<x,y,z>" to a vector
that I can use as a camera position?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Text String to Vector.
Date: 4 Jan 2014 17:03:53
Message: <52c88549$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.01.2014 22:15, schrieb Stephen:
> I've looked but cannot find the answer. :-)
>
> How can I convert a text string in the form of "<x,y,z>" to a vector
> that I can use as a camera position?

#include "strings.inc"
#declare MyString = "<3.3, 6, 2>";
#declare MyVector = Parse_String(MyString);

Alternatively you could write the string to a temporary file (using the
#fopen, #write and #fclose directives) and include it, but as a matter
of fact that's exactly what Parse_String does.

Post a reply to this message

> #declare MyVector = Parse_String(MyString);

Thanks, my brain is dead.

I had problems with <0,0,0> at first.

Now other problems to work out.

--