POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A bit confuzzled Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  A bit confuzzled (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ger Remmers
Subject: A bit confuzzled
Date: 23 Dec 2013 03:12:07
Message: <52b7f057$1@news.povray.org>
I'm currently running an animation that uses ~12GB of memory.
Before Pov renders a frame it parses the data using a hunk of memory,
then renders it and disposes of everything in memory, ready to start over.
Here's my confusion, if a frame completes shouldn't mem use drop to what
the system uses and not stay at 13+GB?

Post a reply to this message