POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-QLab macro library available Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  POV-QLab macro library available (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Alex Stewart
Subject: POV-QLab macro library available
Date: 22 Jul 2013 12:43:55
Message: <51ed614b$1@news.povray.org>
Greetings all,

Announcing the POV-QLab ("quick lab environment") macro library!

After having used POV-Ray on and off for some time (but usually with
breaks between projects), I eventually got rather tired of the fact that
every time I started a new project, or just wanted to fiddle with an
object in isolation, etc, I had to remember exactly what I needed to
include to set up a basic useful/working environment properly first, or
cut-and-paste from another scene file, then tweak, etc..  There were also
some tools that can be really handy for working on stuff (positioning
grids, visible lights/camera, etc), but can be very a pain to do right in
POV-Ray off-the-cuff.  (I also found that for certain types of things
(whipping up quick diagram models, etc), there were several handy routines
and constructs I used over and over, so I figured it would be useful to
include them all in one place..)

So after doing all that, and then using it myself for a while, and fine-
tuning things over time, I decided it was actually in a good enough shape
that it might be useful to share with the world, so here it is:

https://code.google.com/p/pov-qlab/

(The qlab.inc file can be downloaded directly from the "Source" section..
Documentation is available in
https://code.google.com/p/pov-qlab/source/browse/README.txt .  There's
also an example.pov if you just want to get a quick idea of how it works
and what it can do.  Note that qlab.inc is written for POV-Ray 3.7.. I
have no idea if it works in older versions or not..)

Please take a look, and tell me what you think..  Suggestions welcome!

-alex