POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Write to a subfolder in Winpov? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Write to a subfolder in Winpov? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Shay
Subject: Write to a subfolder in Winpov?
Date: 28 Jun 2013 18:54:54
Message: <51ce143e$1@news.povray.org>
#fopen filename "subfolder/file" write
#fopen filename "subfolder\file" write
#fopen filename "subfolder\\file" write
#fopen filename "C:\Users\myusername\Povray\subfolder\file" write

Every one of these fails with "Possible Parse Error: IO Restrictions
prohibit write access to 'subfolder/file'

What am I missing?

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

> Every one of these fails with "Possible Parse Error: IO Restrictions
> prohibit write access to 'subfolder/file'

Did you check Options > Script I/O Restrictions?

Post a reply to this message

I hadn't. Thank you. Many years since I've used Windows.

 -Shay

"Christian Froeschlin" <chr### [at] chrfrde> wrote in message
> Shay wrote:
>
>> Every one of these fails with "Possible Parse Error: IO Restrictions
>> prohibit write access to 'subfolder/file'
>
> Did you check Options > Script I/O Restrictions?

Post a reply to this message

> I hadn't. Thank you. Many years since I've used Windows.
>
> -Shay
>
> "Christian Froeschlin" <chr### [at] chrfrde> wrote in message
>> Shay wrote:
>>
>>> Every one of these fails with "Possible Parse Error: IO Restrictions
>>> prohibit write access to 'subfolder/file'
>>
>> Did you check Options > Script I/O Restrictions?

That's not Windows related. POV-Ray, under any platform, do impose IO
restrictions.