POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Start with empty editor Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Start with empty editor (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Start with empty editor
Date: 7 Dec 2012 23:10:06
Message: <50c2bd9e@news.povray.org>
On startup, the editor of the Windows version (both 3.6 and 3.7)
automatically reloads all files that were open in the previous session.
Is there a setting to prevent this?

It's mostly a problem with keep single instance when opening files
from explorer, this ends up with a lot of files being open in two
instances and me always editing the unintended version ;)

I think the reloading should normally not occur when an explicit
file name is passed as command line parameter. Actually I'm not sure
if 3.6 did this, couldn't get Windows to restore the file association
to the old binary (I think it got confused because the name of the
exe is identical).

Post a reply to this message