POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question about Rune's particle system Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Question about Rune's particle system (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Question about Rune's particle system
Date: 17 Oct 2011 03:38:02
Message: <4e9bdb5a$1@news.povray.org>
Surprisingly, I am unable to make wind and gravity work in Rune's
particle system. I read and re-read the doc and I seem to follow the
rules. These are the corresponding lines of code (see also the image in
p.b.i.):

    #declare particle_drag      = 10;
    #declare particle_transfer  = 1.0;

    #macro particle_gravity  (Clock,Point) <0,-1,0> #end
    #macro particle_wind     (Clock,Point) <10*Clock, 0, 0> #end

So, if Rune, or anybody familiar with the macros can help me, I shall be
most grateful.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Thomas de Groot <tenDOTlnDOTretniATtoorgedDOTt> wrote:
> Surprisingly, I am unable to make wind and gravity work in Rune's
> particle system. I read and re-read the doc and I seem to follow the
> rules. These are the corresponding lines of code (see also the image in
> p.b.i.):
>
>     #declare particle_drag      = 10;
>     #declare particle_transfer  = 1.0;
>
>     #macro particle_gravity  (Clock,Point) <0,-1,0> #end
>     #macro particle_wind     (Clock,Point) <10*Clock, 0, 0> #end
>
> So, if Rune, or anybody familiar with the macros can help me, I shall be
> most grateful.
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I see that you have no answers so far. I cannot answer so fast since Rune's
system seems to be far away from the particle system I programmed in java for my
diploma some years ago. My system was only an input for statistical
condiderations and I lost the code due to a headcrash unfortunately. But I will
investigate this issue further (when time allows) and have a solution hopefully.
This is a very interesting program.

Regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message