POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : max_trace_level reached Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  max_trace_level reached (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: max_trace_level reached
Date: 18 Jan 2011 13:26:01
Message: <4d35db39$1@news.povray.org>
Should a warning printed when this limit is reached?
I thought I'd remember seeing some warning that the scene
may contain black spots, but I may be dreaming it up ;)
Anyway I can't seem to provoke it in 3.7rc2 or 3.6.2.

Post a reply to this message

Am 18.01.2011 19:25, schrieb Christian Froeschlin:
> Should a warning printed when this limit is reached?
> I thought I'd remember seeing some warning that the scene
> may contain black spots, but I may be dreaming it up ;)
> Anyway I can't seem to provoke it in 3.7rc2 or 3.6.2.

That dream sounds familiar; but maybe it was actually something about
isosurfaces rather than max_trace_level?

Post a reply to this message

On 18.01.11 19:25, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Should a warning printed when this limit is reached?
> I thought I'd remember seeing some warning that the scene
> may contain black spots, but I may be dreaming it up ;)
> Anyway I can't seem to provoke it in 3.7rc2 or 3.6.2.

It is supposed to be there indeed.

	Thorsten