POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : about wood texture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  about wood texture (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: zhangyuehua
Subject: about wood texture
Date: 19 Dec 2010 07:16:31
Message: <4d0df79f@news.povray.org>
hello,every one.
I have model a cabinet door like "666a.jpg"
but I don't know how set texture?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '666a.jpg' (91 KB)

Preview of image '666a.jpg'
666a.jpg

From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Re: about wood texture
Date: 20 Dec 2010 20:35:02
Message: <web.4d1003beb90da62d508060190@news.povray.org>
"zhangyuehua" <yue### [at] sinacom> wrote:
> hello,every one.
> I have model a cabinet door like "666a.jpg"
> but I don't know how set texture?

code might be nice.

I personally use the textures in woods.inc

e.g.

object {
    door_union
        texture { T_Wood4 }
    }

of course, the door won't be textured uniformly.  In a real door, the grain
direction changes depending on the part involved.

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message