POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Patch objects not allowed in intersection. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Patch objects not allowed in intersection. (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Stephen
Subject: Patch objects not allowed in intersection.
Date: 10 Dec 2010 05:16:12
Message: <4d01fdec$1@news.povray.org>
PovRay gives a warning when Patch objects are used in a Difference or
Intersection. (Ver 3.6 & 3.7)
Parse Warning: Patch objects not allowed in intersection.

3.4.2  Finite Patch Primitives
There are six totally thin, finite objects which have no well-defined
inside. They are bicubic patch, disc, smooth triangle, triangle, polygon
and mesh / mesh2. They may be combined in CSG union but cannot be used
in other types of CSG (or inside a clipped_by statement).

except for differencing a patch from a primitive when the use of the
inverse keyword in the CSG helps.

relevant?

--
Regards