POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows 7 file manager integration Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:14:52 EDT (-0400)
  Windows 7 file manager integration (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: SharkD
Subject: Windows 7 file manager integration
Date: 21 Jun 2010 20:46:02
Message: <4c2007ca$1@news.povray.org>
I installed 3.6 and then the 3.7.

I've tried associating .inc files with POV-Ray using the "Open with"
right-click menu option in File Manager.

First I tried associating it with POV 3.6 but I get an "Only /EDIT and
/RENDER may be passed to previous instance" error, and the file doesn't
open.

I then tried associating it with POV 3.7, but it gets shunted to 3.6
instead with the same error.

Any fixes?

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

> I've tried associating .inc files with POV-Ray using the "Open with"
> right-click menu option in File Manager.

it seems that when you pass a non *.pov file to POV-Ray 3.6 or 3.7
on startup it will treat it as an INI file, so opening an *.inc file
in this way is probably not possible right now. If you still feel
up to it you could make a feature suggestion ;)

Post a reply to this message

On 6/22/2010 1:38 PM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> SharkD wrote:
>
>> I've tried associating .inc files with POV-Ray using the "Open with"
>> right-click menu option in File Manager.
>
> it seems that when you pass a non *.pov file to POV-Ray 3.6 or 3.7
> on startup it will treat it as an INI file, so opening an *.inc file
> in this way is probably not possible right now. If you still feel
> up to it you could make a feature suggestion ;)

It's nit just *.inc files though. For instance, I get the error when
typing the following into the Run... command:

"C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.7\bin\pvengine64.exe"
"D:\Working\Povray\GearHead\LoadingScreen\btr_maanji.pov"

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message