POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shape help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Shape help (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: SharkD
Subject: Shape help
Date: 17 Jun 2010 11:34:57
Message: <4c1a40a1$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to construct a shape that is equivalent to a cone with a
circular base and an elliptical top. I've managed to create a mesh with
this shape, but was wondering if there's a way to create a normal solid,
non-mesh version too. Thanks.

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to construct a shape that is equivalent to a cone with a
> circular base and an elliptical top. I've managed to create a mesh with
> this shape, but was wondering if there's a way to create a normal solid,
> non-mesh version too. Thanks.

  Meshes can be made solid, but there's a quartic primitive with that
shape available in the standard libraries. Check Supercone here:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_7.3#shapes.inc

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>    Meshes can be made solid, but there's a quartic primitive with that
> shape available in the standard libraries. Check Supercone here:
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_7.3#shapes.inc

Awesome, thanks! But is this one of those shapes that bring render times
to a crawl? (I'm thinking isosurfaces and parametric surfaces here.)

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

> >    Meshes can be made solid, but there's a quartic primitive with that
> > shape available in the standard libraries. Check Supercone here:
> >
> > http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_7.3#shapes.inc
> >

> Awesome, thanks! But is this one of those shapes that bring render times
> to a crawl? (I'm thinking isosurfaces and parametric surfaces here.)

  No, it's pretty fast to render (although a mesh will probably render
even faster).

--
                                                          - Warp