POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Major speed improvements Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Major speed improvements (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: some yahoo
Subject: Major speed improvements
Date: 11 Feb 2010 01:56:12
Message: <4b73aa0c$1@news.povray.org>
I found the cause of my speed issues with the clones/reactor room scene

I had taken regular antialiasing

Antialias=On
Antialias_Threshold=0.1
Sampling_Method=1
Antialias_Depth=5

and - in an effort to improve it, set it to...

Antialias=On
Antialias_Threshold=0.001
Sampling_Method=2
Antialias_Depth=5

This resulted in a *lot* of rays.

Sampling method 1 would yield 25 samples, whereas method 2 would be a
maximum of 1089 samples.  And no amount of optimizing my media would
take that any lower.

See here.

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/223/

Post a reply to this message