POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : textures.inc Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  textures.inc (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Sabrina Kilian
Subject: textures.inc
Date: 17 Jan 2010 02:26:03
Message: <4b52bb8b@news.povray.org>
Looking at the PinkAlabaster stone texture in said file, am I mistaken
or is the second texture layer not even attached? It seems to be the
case in both the 3.6 and 3.7 packages. I figure the fact that the file
is from the 3.5 era may have something to do with it. See below for
modified version as a material.

#declare PinkAlabaster =
material {
  // Underlying surface is very subtly mottled with bozo
  texture {
      pigment {
          bozo
          turbulence 0.25
          color_map {
              [0 rgb <0.9, 0.75, 0.75>]
              [1 rgb <0.6, 0.6,  0.6 >]
          }
      scale 0.4
      }
      finish{ ambient 0.25 }
  }

  // Second layer texture has some transmit values, yet a fair amount of
color
  // Viening is kept quite thin in color map and by the largish scale.
  texture {
      pigment {
          granite
          color_map {