POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Select are to zoom? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Select are to zoom? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Select are to zoom?
Date: 17 Nov 2009 00:07:29
Message: <4b022f91@news.povray.org>
Had the idea, while thinking about how you might show someone how POVRay
  ran. Once we have something that doesn't need to reparse, it might be
interesting if, on versions like the Windows one, when you select a
"sub-section" to re-render, the result could be run using the selected
area as the "camera", adjusting its position, and what ever other
attributes where needed, so it would be like actually zooming in on the
area, not just redrawing that small area, with everything else blank.
Mind, would require an on/off switch, or the drag to select use left
mouse = redraw, right mouse = zoom, or the like.

Anyway. Just figured I would toss it out there, since it could be useful
in some cases.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();
       call DRM_everything();
     }
     call functional_code();
   }
   else
     call crash_windows();
}

"Patrick Elliott" <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote in message
> Anyway. Just figured I would toss it out there, since it could be useful
> in some cases.

dosen't the include file screen.inc (that comes with the distribution)
cover stuff like that?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 11/17/2009 12:07 AM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Had the idea, while thinking about how you might show someone how POVRay
> ran. Once we have something that doesn't need to reparse, it might be
> interesting if, on versions like the Windows one, when you select a
> "sub-section" to re-render, the result could be run using the selected
> area as the "camera", adjusting its position, and what ever other
> attributes where needed, so it would be like actually zooming in on the
> area, not just redrawing that small area, with everything else blank.
> Mind, would require an on/off switch, or the drag to select use left
> mouse = redraw, right mouse = zoom, or the like.
>
> Anyway. Just figured I would toss it out there, since it could be useful
> in some cases.

I could see where something like this could be useful.

But what if the box you drag has a different aspect ratio? What happens
then?

Mike

Post a reply to this message