POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Consolas font Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Consolas font (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: SharkD
Subject: Consolas font
Date: 27 Oct 2009 20:34:34
Message: <4ae7919a@news.povray.org>
I get weird results when trying to use the Consolas font (included with
Windows Vista) in POV. All the wrong letters are produced. Can anyone
else confirm this?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: Consolas font
Date: 28 Oct 2009 04:48:03
Message: <4ae80543$1@news.povray.org>
>I get weird results when trying to use the Consolas font (included with
> Windows Vista) in POV. All the wrong letters are produced. Can anyone
> else confirm this?

Yeah, the Consolas font is technically OK, but it doesn't line up right
with ASCII. Most unicode fonts are well behaved, this one seems
to define the characters out of order.
It looks fine if you switch to UTF-8 though...

global_settings {charset utf8}

Post a reply to this message

On 10/28/2009 4:48 AM, Tim Attwood wrote:
>> I get weird results when trying to use the Consolas font (included
>> with Windows Vista) in POV. All the wrong letters are produced. Can
>> anyone else confirm this?
>
> Yeah, the Consolas font is technically OK, but it doesn't line up right
> with ASCII. Most unicode fonts are well behaved, this one seems to
> define the characters out of order. It looks fine if you switch to UTF-8
> though...
>
> global_settings {charset utf8}

Thanks. That was a big help!

Mike