POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Today's Random Advice: Mesh Scale Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:49 EDT (-0400)
  Today's Random Advice: Mesh Scale (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: clipka
Subject: Today's Random Advice: Mesh Scale
Date: 7 Sep 2009 13:34:25
Message: <4aa54421$1@news.povray.org>
Mesh objects don't like to be scaled too small: They'll tend to "leak"
at the edges under certain lighting conditions.

Apparently, even mesh models about 1 POV unit in total size may be too
small in this respect.

Post a reply to this message

> Mesh objects don't like to be scaled too small: They'll tend to "leak"
> at the edges under certain lighting conditions.
>
> Apparently, even mesh models about 1 POV unit in total size may be too
> small in this respect.

Doesn't POV consider positions within 0.001 units of each other to be
equivalent?  This would certainly account for that.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message