POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : John Beals Gforge and XP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  John Beals Gforge and XP (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: David H  Burns
Subject: John Beals Gforge and XP
Date: 13 Jan 2009 11:20:17
Message: <496cbf41$1@news.povray.org>
Has anybody had any (good) luck running Gforge or HF Lab using XP.
John's page says that v.91 will run under
  XP? John's page says that v .91 will run under XP and it seems to --if
you don't try to display anything. Then it
crashes with an error message which. if traced down proves to be the old
"WOW" error from Windows NT (Does
Microsoft ever fix anything?). I struggled with it years ago with other
software and never found a working fix.

(I recently bought yet another PC with a Windows operating system and
have been kick myself ever since!)

Thanks for any help,

David

Post a reply to this message

> Has anybody had any (good) luck running Gforge or HF Lab using XP. John's
> page says that v.91 will run under
>  XP? John's page says that v .91 will run under XP and it seems to --if
> you don't try to display anything. Then it
> crashes with an error message which. if traced down proves to be the old
> "WOW" error from Windows NT (Does
> Microsoft ever fix anything?). I struggled with it years ago with other
> software and never found a working fix.

I got both working fine under Vista. In the case of HFLab, there was a
display error but I removed the "v" command (show 3D) from the parameter
file and it worked.

G.

Post a reply to this message

I'll try to make that correction. Everything in Gforge except the dispay
seems to work.
I've lately been using it along with Paintshop pro for 2D display and
Pov-Ray for 3D.

david