POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Filling a mesh with liquid in Povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Filling a mesh with liquid in Povray (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Oliver Klimek
Subject: Filling a mesh with liquid in Povray
Date: 10 Dec 2008 09:46:46
Message: <493fd656$1@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

With an external program I created a wine glass and exported it as a mesh
for Povray.
Now I want to fill the glass with virtual wine and render it. If you use CSG
for the glass it is fairly easy to construct the liquid inside. But how can
I do it for a triangulated mesh? Will I have to create a mesh for the liquid
as well or is there a way of doing it with Povray?

thanks
Oliver

Post a reply to this message

"Oliver Klimek" <oli### [at] oliklide> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> With an external program I created a wine glass and exported it as a mesh
> for Povray.
> Now I want to fill the glass with virtual wine and render it. If you use CSG
> for the glass it is fairly easy to construct the liquid inside. But how can
> I do it for a triangulated mesh? Will I have to create a mesh for the liquid
> as well or is there a way of doing it with Povray?
>
> thanks
> Oliver

Hi,

I haven't tried modeling a wine glass with liquid in it before, but to add the
wine I'd probably just make a CSG object for the wine and difference the glass
from it.  Of course it might take some time to get the wine CSG to not have any
parts appearing outside your wine glass depending on how complicated it is.
Hope this helps.

Bridgeofstraws

Post a reply to this message

It's easiest to create the liquid part with the same program that you
created the glass with, and export it as a seperate mesh.