POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: CGSociety Steampunk contest (was tractor 2008) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:31:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGSociety Steampunk contest (was tractor 2008) (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: CGSociety Steampunk contest (was tractor 2008)
Date: 1 Dec 2008 20:31:19
Message: <49348fe7$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> This image should be posted in some CG webforums, beyond just
>> newsgroups... it would bring much awareness for Povray.  Well, that
>> and an indication for povray's Hall of Fame as well. :)
>
> Maybe we POVvers should start entering contests or something. There's a
> steampunk contest going on right now, and POV is really good for making
> mechanical things :)

Yes:
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/steampunk/

Would you be courageous enough to challenge all those polygon-pros with
a little CSG wonder?  It's a very hard task.

I also heard this contest is offering US$220,000 in prizes!  Plus, it
can be made in teams rather than individually.  Overall, an amazing
oportunity in all accounts. :)

Post a reply to this message

>> Maybe we POVvers should start entering contests or something. There's
>> a steampunk contest going on right now, and POV is really good for
>> making mechanical things :)
>
> Yes:
> http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/steampunk/
>
> Would you be courageous enough to challenge all those polygon-pros with
> a little CSG wonder?  It's a very hard task.

Maybe if I get a good idea. I had an idea for a steampunk version of the
grasshopper/ants tale, but it isn't quite right.

> I also heard this contest is offering US$220,000 in prizes!  Plus, it
> can be made in teams rather than individually.  Overall, an amazing
> oportunity in all accounts. :)

I don't know how well I would operate in a team. Not that I'm opposed to
it. I would rather not get all excited about it and then lose "steam",
thus annoying my teammates. If I did join a team, I would only want one
of the software prizes (zBrush). The computers or whatever could go to
somebody else :)

Sam

Post a reply to this message