POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray for people with disabilities Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray for people with disabilities (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Rick Berger
Subject: POV-Ray for people with disabilities
Date: 29 Sep 2008 14:35:58
Message: <48e1200e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm interested in the use POV-Ray by people who have limited hand
dexterity because of some physical condition or disability that limits
their ability to use a mouse or any other type of pointing device. I
think POV-Ray would allow a segment of kids with disabilities to
experience and become involved in the real world of design and building.
Does anyone know of anybody using POV-Ray for this purpose?

Also are there libraries of macros for describing things like nuts and
bolts, pulley and gear systems, etc? And are there tutorials/articles on
the best ways to approach describing mechanical systems? Preferably not
in paper format due to accessibility issues. Then are there any tools
like pre-processors or cross platform IDEs that make the scripting
development easier?

Rick

Post a reply to this message