POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Collection Suggestion Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:09 EDT (-0400)
  Object Collection Suggestion (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Object Collection Suggestion
Date: 12 Mar 2008 01:17:04
Message: <47d77560@news.povray.org>
I was thinking of a way to get really usefull objects into the object
collection. If you have a database of the objects, it should be possible to
have a "most requested object" fron the search entries. This most requested
object could then be displayed so that anyone interested could make the
object and upload it. The "most requested object" for the month that hasn't
been done could then be used for an "Pov-Ray Object Compettion" of which the
winners entry get uploaded to the Object Library.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
>I was thinking of a way to get really usefull objects into the object
>collection. If you have a database of the objects, it should be possible to
>have a "most requested object" fron the search entries. This most requested
>object could then be displayed so that anyone interested could make the
>object and upload it. The "most requested object" for the month that hasn't
>been done could then be used for an "Pov-Ray Object Compettion" of which
>the winners entry get uploaded to the Object Library.
>
> --
> -Nekar Xenos-

That's a good idea. There is a database, but it doesn't currently record
which search terms people have used. It should be a pretty small change
however.

I've just been asking for such ideas over on the povray.object-collection
newsgroup so I'll add this to the list.

Regards,
Chris B.