POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray rendering on PS3 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray rendering on PS3 (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Francois LE COAT
Subject: POV-Ray rendering on PS3
Date: 9 Feb 2008 11:17:13
Message: <47add209@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Here is POV-Ray 3.1g rendering on PlayStation 3

<http://eureka.atari.org/screen_ps3.png>

I mean it's rendering through the ATARI Virtual Machine called
ARAnyM <http://aranym.org/> with a scene exported from my proper
software "Eureka 2.12" exported to "EB_Model 3" the POV3 modeller.

I used to maintain Persistence Of Vision till 3.1g version when
it was beginning being written in 'C++'. You can imagine that
nowadays, POV-Ray with 'C++' and multithreading would be quite
complicated to be ported to ATARI machines, unfortunately.

I'm rather interested in big-endian machines, and POVRay
would definitely launch natively (instead of 68k emulation)
with PPC-Linux (I'm using Gentoo Linux). And use the parallelism
and vectorization of the Cell processor.

I'm looking forward to use a Cell optimized version on PS3 :-)

Best regards,

--

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org/