POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Brain. All. Hurty. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Brain. All. Hurty. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bryan Valencia
Subject: Brain. All. Hurty.
Date: 15 Oct 2007 19:07:03
Message: <4713f297$1@news.povray.org>
Can someone take the info here:

http://www.agric.wa.gov.au/pls/portal30/docs/FOLDER/IKMP/_archive/tr137.pdf

And write a function to give the rotation angle of the sun for a given
latitude at a certain time of day?

something like

#function Sun_Angle(float_latitude, int_month, int_day, int_hour24,
int_minute)

We can assume that the initial sun is on the +y axis and that "north" is
  along the +z axis.

The result should be a single vector that can be used to rotate the
initial light_source and/or round ball representing the sun so that it
is correct for the time and place.

I tried to do this but my brain got all hurty.

Plus I'm kind of at work.

--
---
Bryan Valencia

- I'd rather live with false hope than with false despair.

Post a reply to this message

In case you don't already know, there is a sunpos include file with POV-Ray that may
do what you
want.

Post a reply to this message

> In case you don't already know, there is a sunpos include file with POV-Ray that may
do what you
> want.

crap!  I spent an hour yesterday trying to hash that all out!  It was
right under my nose!

I'll look at that immediately.