POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Large images Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Large images (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Slime
Subject: Large images
Date: 8 Sep 2007 18:39:37
Message: <46e324a9$1@news.povray.org>
So, as a followup to my previous post, I'm going to be rendering a large
image to be displayed on a 6 meter tall by 3.5 meter wide wall. Obviously
this is massive. What sort of DPI should I plan for here? At 72dpi the image
will be 17,000 pixels tall which seems crazy. But then, maybe it *should* be
that large.

The slowest part of the image goes at about 800 PPS so I can afford to
render at extremely high resolutions if necessary.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message