POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What Do You Want? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  What Do You Want? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: What Do You Want?
Date: 14 Mar 2007 22:10:19
Message: <45f8b91b$1@news.povray.org>
Right now I am working on version 1.7 of my mesh modeler.  The
improvements over the current version are that it will support faces
with more than four sides (up to 32767), and it will use the OBJ format
as its primary load and save format.  The main obstacle to release is
that I will need to rewrite the POV-Ray macros that perform surface
subdivision [1].

When v1.7 is working in a bug-free manner, I plan to add a
scene-building capability, and a scripting capability.

Does anyone have suggestions about which of these two capabilites should
be rolled out first, and which features are most important for either?

Regards,
John