POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Screwy render times in a #switch in animation. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Screwy render times in a #switch in animation. (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Screwy render times in a #switch in animation.
Date: 30 Jan 2007 22:20:32
Message: <45c00b00@news.povray.org>
GROUP O'FRAMES  RENDER TIME TOTAL FOR 160x120's
Frames 1-192:   70 secs [sic]
Frames 192-200  19 secs
Frames 190-200  14 min
Frames 199-200  6 secs
Frames 1-380    (>8 hr)

Frames 1 to 192 are a box with an image map (previous frames, already
rendered). It renders lightning fast.

Frame 193ff are an innocent-enough scene, nothing to choke a render when it
renders several frames by itself.

But when I do some of the box-frames first and then go to my scene, povray
takes three minutes a frame to render to do it!

Any ideas?

--------START OF CODE SNIPPET --------------
#declare clockeee=clock;
#include"duelcaptions11.pov"  // just a macro with my caption system

#switch (clockeee)

#range (0/180,8/180)
        #local
this_name=concat("/home/greg/images/charanim080",str(frame_number,-3,0) )

box{<0,0,0.75> <4,3,0.75>
        pigment{image_map {png this_name map_type 0 once } scale<4/3,1,1>}
        finish{ambient rgb 1}
        translate<-0.65,-0.5,0>
        transform{cameratransform}
        }
#break

#range (8.001/180,28/180)
        #include "chartest03.pov" // a scene with boxes & blobs
        captionmacro(14,18,clockeee,180, "caption","caption ","")//
        captionmacro(19,23,clockeee,180, "caption","caption","caption")//
        captionmacro(24,28,clockeee,180, "caption","caption ","caption")//
#break

...etc...

Post a reply to this message