POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SMP povray? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:33:53 EDT (-0400)
  SMP povray? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Raf256
Subject: SMP povray?
Date: 5 Jan 2007 03:40:47
Message: <459e0f0f@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I was long out, can I nowdays just get a povray (which version?) and run it
with like --smp or -j 2 option to run in 2 threads and utilize dualcore
fully?

Off topic question: what about MegaPOV in that matter?

--
Raf256

Post a reply to this message

Raf256 <spa### [at] raf256invalid> wrote:
> I was long out, can I nowdays just get a povray (which version?) and run it
> with like --smp or -j 2 option to run in 2 threads and utilize dualcore
> fully?

  Check the beta.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

Raf256 <spa### [at] raf256invalid> wrote:
> Hello,
> I was long out, can I nowdays just get a povray (which version?) and run it
> with like --smp or -j 2 option to run in 2 threads and utilize dualcore
> fully?
>
> Off topic question: what about MegaPOV in that matter?
>

> --
> Raf256

Conveniently enough, I've created the Megapov XRS (unofficial unofficial
version of POV-Ray :-))

Render faster than light!
http://www.gammaburst.net/xrs