POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Organisation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Includes - Organisation (Message 1 to 10 of 38)
From: Chris B
Subject: POV-Ray Includes - Organisation
Date: 27 Nov 2006 13:09:11
Message: <456b29c7$1@news.povray.org>
This is another follow-up to the thread "povray standard include files" to
discuss the organisation and management of a proposed area on povray.org for
storage and distribution of a collection of objects and other files,
contributed by the POV-Ray community.

Because POV-Ray can be used to model anything that exists and quite a lot
that doesn't, it could be difficult coming up with an intuitive way to
organise such a collection.
We need some way of organising stuff that makes it easy to keep it up to
date without requiring much administrative effort to keep it going.

My thought is that we could have a relatively small number of areas of
interest - e.g. Landscapes, Buildings, Spacecraft, Sports, Automotive,
Planets/Cosmology, Organic Forms etc. with a section (and maybe a section
owner) for each. A file could be submitted into one or more areas. Possibly
at regular intervals, each area could be automatically built into a
compressed archive. Someone interested in a particular area could either
browse the collection or download one of the compressed archives and explore
its contents.

Each area of interest could include objects, textures, macros and anything
else related to the subject.

Any ideas?

Regards
Chris B.