POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can a macro accept text parameters? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Can a macro accept text parameters? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Can a macro accept text parameters?
Date: 16 Nov 2006 06:58:23
Message: <455c525f$1@news.povray.org>
I had a problem with my macro: it seems, macros don't accept string
parameters, only numerical values. Is that true?

i am using the latest beta version.

Greetings,

Sven

Post a reply to this message

From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: Re: Can a macro accept text parameters?
Date: 16 Nov 2006 10:30:43
Message: <kurtzlepirate-9CA033.16304216112006@news.povray.org>
In article <455c525f$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:

> I had a problem with my macro: it seems, macros don't accept string
> parameters, only numerical values. Is that true?

it's false !

try this :

#macro displayText (thisText)
  #debug concat(thisText",\n")
#end

displayText("Hello !")

you must see "Hello !" in the message window.

> i am using the latest beta version.

and with the latest official version ?

--
klp