POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : tool for graphically generating splines Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  tool for graphically generating splines (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: scott
Subject: tool for graphically generating splines
Date: 15 Nov 2006 07:06:13
Message: <455b02b5$1@news.povray.org>
Anyone know a good tool for drawing simple 2D splines that can be
interactively dragged about and then exported to POV (or at least give you a
list of coordinates)?  It's doing my head in trying to work out the numbers
by hand for a curve.

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:04:56 +0100 scott wrote:

> Anyone know a good tool for drawing simple 2D splines that can be
> interactively dragged about and then exported to POV (or at least give you a
> list of coordinates)?  It's doing my head in trying to work out the numbers
> by hand for a curve.

Try inkscape
http://www.inkscape.org

It has a PoV-Ray export function.
Though I don't know if there's a Windows version.

Sebastian

Post a reply to this message

>> Anyone know a good tool for drawing simple 2D splines that can be
>> interactively dragged about and then exported to POV (or at least give
>> you a
>> list of coordinates)?  It's doing my head in trying to work out the
>> numbers
>> by hand for a curve.
>
> Try inkscape
> http://www.inkscape.org
>
> It has a PoV-Ray export function.
> Though I don't know if there's a Windows version.

Yup that worked great thanks.