POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rendering error Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  rendering error (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: yoon
Subject: rendering error
Date: 12 Aug 2006 09:36:59
Message: <44ddd97b@news.povray.org>
I make a large cube including 100*100*100 small cubes

Each small cube has a different color.

There is a problem that I cannot see back cubes because front cubes screen
them(transmit is 0.99)

So I increase "Max_trace_level" to 100 but 100 is not enough to see all the
cubes.

but If I put the max_trace_level value larger than 100, below error message.

"Rendering Error: Too many nested refracting objects."

How can I solve this error and see all the cubes?

Cheers.

JH

Post a reply to this message

yoon nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 12/08/2006 09:37:
> I make a large cube including 100*100*100 small cubes
>
> Each small cube has a different color.
>
> There is a problem that I cannot see back cubes because front cubes screen
> them(transmit is 0.99)
>
> So I increase "Max_trace_level" to 100 but 100 is not enough to see all the
> cubes.
>
> but If I put the max_trace_level value larger than 100, below error message.
>
> "Rendering Error: Too many nested refracting objects."
>
> How can I solve this error and see all the cubes?
>
> Cheers.
>
> JH

This usualy mean that you have to many cubes that intersect each other, or
coincident surfaces.
Make each individual cube small anough that there is a small gap separating
them. If the large cube is 100 unit large, make small cubes no larger than 0.999
unit. No overlaping and no coincident surface.
You will need a max_trace_level at least 201 to be able to see trough it all,
but there can still be black spots. If the large cube is actualy present, add 2.
The maximum you can go is 256.

--
Alain
If That Phone Was Up Your Butt, Maybe You Could Drive A Little Better!