POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Key Frame Animation Tool Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Key Frame Animation Tool (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: POVMAN
Subject: Key Frame Animation Tool
Date: 26 Jun 2006 03:35:28
Message: <449f8e40$1@news.povray.org>
I have posted a Key Frame Animation Tool over in p.b.u.  I've only developed
it as far as I needed it ( animating a Mech's walk cycle ).

There is a challenge in the source (included in p.b.u zip file) for any Java
coders/math-brains.

In its present state it only joins the Key Frames in straight lines.  I want
to be able to optionally weight the movement so that for instance a moving
arm moves faster through the majority of its sweep, but then slows as it
reaches its destination.  If your interested in having a look start on the
"getValueForFrame" function in the animationVector class, as this returns
the value for any given frame of the animation.

If you have any questions, or have an answer for me post here or email
"codesabeach at hotmail co uk".

--
POV Tips and Hints at ...