POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping an Image to a Cylinder Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Mapping an Image to a Cylinder (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Chambers
Subject: Mapping an Image to a Cylinder
Date: 24 Feb 2006 17:21:37
Message: <43ff86f1$1@news.povray.org>
I have an image_map that I'd like to map to a portion of a cylinder.
Now, just using
image_map {
	png "my_image.png"
	map_type 2
}

Results in the image wrapping around the entire 360' of the cylinder.
How can I limit this to a specific portion, say 60'?

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

> Results in the image wrapping around the entire 360' of the cylinder.
> How can I limit this to a specific portion, say 60'?

  Use planar mapping (ie. the default), use 'once', scale it smaller
and then use a cylindrical warp.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message