POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blasting water Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Blasting water (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jon Berndt
Subject: Blasting water
Date: 30 Oct 2005 20:12:41
Message: <43656f89$1@news.povray.org>
I'm going to be modeling an aerospace vehicle (a rocket) lifting off from
the water. This rocket is going to be blasting the water at some distance
above the surface. I'm trying to think of the easiest way to model the water
being blasted and boiled under the nozzle. That oughta be a challenge! I
might take the easy way out and put a ship in the view - hiding the water
area immediately under the rocket as it goes "uphill". :-)

I'm thinking I should be able to get away with modeling it to look like the
water roiling under a hovering helicopter - only more so.

Any suggestions?

Jon Berndt

Post a reply to this message

> I'm thinking I should be able to get away with modeling it to look like the
> water roiling under a hovering helicopter - only more so.
>
> Any suggestions?

This is the first image that came to mind:
http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2000-12-31/mdmcpark.jpg

It is the ripples in the asphalt that I am thinking of, of course.