POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : heightfield + f_ridged_mf Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:31:06 EDT (-0400)
  heightfield + f_ridged_mf (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: gvdeynde
Subject: heightfield + f_ridged_mf
Date: 18 Oct 2005 14:32:15
Message: <43553faf$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Can anyone help me in setting up a large xz heighfield (x,z scale about 1e8,
y scale small about 20)? I've tried a reasonable size (x,z scale about 1e3)
with values for the different parameters that I found at Christoff Hormann's
page and that works nicely. However, when increasing the xz-scale, the
heightfield flattens out and I don't know how to get small (xz size about
100, y height about 20) bumps in such a large heightfield. If anyone could,
in laymen's terms, explain the parameters for me a bit more than what is
written in the manual, that might come in handy too ;-)

thanks,
gert

Post a reply to this message