POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Black spots in julia fractal Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Black spots in julia fractal (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Sebastian H
Subject: Black spots in julia fractal
Date: 3 Oct 2005 09:11:31
Message: <43412e03$1@news.povray.org>
Hello

I rendered the julia fractal given in the docs

  julia_fractal {
   <-0.083,0.0,-0.83,-0.025>
   quaternion
   sqr
   max_iteration 15 // 8
   precision pow(8,10) // 15
  }

but I always get black spots and even black interrupted areas.
With enabled antialiasing the spots get somewhat melted to gray
which doen't look even better. Especially in animations the
gray blurred areas look bad a bit like "gray noise".
The Julia fractal is a beautiful thingy but is there a way to
rendere it with a smooth surface? Note the high precision!

PoV: 3.6.1 linux

Regards,
Sebastian

Post a reply to this message