POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : joining objects for latter manipulation Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  joining objects for latter manipulation (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Andrej
Subject: joining objects for latter manipulation
Date: 15 Jun 2005 10:22:49
Message: <42b039b9$1@news.povray.org>
I would like to join spheres into a single object for easier manipulation
(rotation for example):

OBJECT {BALLS =
{
 #declare Count=0;
 #while (Count < 5)
  sphere { <(-2+Count), Count, Count>, 1
   pigment {  color rgb <0.4 0.8 0.8>}
  }
  #declare Count=Count+1;
 #end
}
}; ROTATE BALLS <0 90 45>

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: joining objects for latter manipulation
Date: 15 Jun 2005 10:39:41
Message: <42b03dad$1@news.povray.org>
Andrej wrote:
> I would like to join spheres into a single object for easier manipulation
> (rotation for example):
>

> OBJECT {BALLS =
> {
>  #declare Count=0;
>  #while (Count < 5)
>   sphere { <(-2+Count), Count, Count>, 1
>    pigment {  color rgb <0.4 0.8 0.8>}
>   }
>   #declare Count=Count+1;
>  #end
> }
> }; ROTATE BALLS <0 90 45>

#declare BALLS = union
{
   #declare Count=0;
   #while (Count < 5)
    sphere { <(-2+Count), Count, Count>, 1
     pigment {  color rgb <0.4 0.8 0.8>}
    }
    #declare Count=Count+1;
   #end
}

object { BALLS rotate  <0 90 45> }
--
~Mike

Things! Billions of them!

Post a reply to this message

From: Andrej
Date: 15 Jun 2005 11:16:14
Message: <42b0463e@news.povray.org>
> object { BALLS rotate  <0 90 45> }

Can you then multiply this object and position them into different places
(translation, repositioning)?

Like:

BALLS Bplanes[5];

#declare Count=0;
#while (Count < 5)
 Bplanes[Count]
 {
  NEWPOSITION <Count 0 0>
  rotate  <0 20*Count 45>
 }
 #declare Count=Count+1;
#end

Post a reply to this message

From: Andrej
Date: 15 Jun 2005 11:45:52
Message: <42b04d30$1@news.povray.org>
> Can you then multiply this object and position them into different places
> (translation, repositioning)?

OK, i've found this one: object { BALLS translate x*20 }.

Still searching for multiplication, like:
> BALLS Bplanes[5];

Post a reply to this message

> Can you then multiply this object and position them into different places
> (translation, repositioning)?
>
> Like:
>
> BALLS Bplanes[5];
>
> #declare Count=0;