POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : User Input Interface? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  User Input Interface? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Catseye
Subject: User Input Interface?
Date: 5 Apr 2005 08:24:59
Message: <4252839b$1@news.povray.org>
Has anyone developed a scripting module for POV that prompts the user for
variable data input before rendering begins - similar in function to the old
Basic "Input" statement?

Catseyeman

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Subject: Re: User Input Interface?
Date: 5 Apr 2005 11:28:17
Message: <Xns962FB1BA35F55seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:4252839b$1@news.povray.org Catseye wrote:

> Has anyone developed a scripting module for POV that prompts the user
> for variable data input before rendering begins - similar in function
> to the old Basic "Input" statement?

No, and I don't think it's possible with only SDL.

There is a way though, to pass constants to a scene through ini-files or
the commandline, that may suit your needs. See section  "3.1.2.5.1
Constant" of the documentation.

Ingo