POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Creating moulding for a picture frame Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Creating moulding for a picture frame (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Rick Measham
Subject: Creating moulding for a picture frame
Date: 27 Jan 2005 20:54:50
Message: <41f99b6a@news.povray.org>
I'm looking for something like a sphere sweep but for a bezier defined
2d shape. Does such a thing exist?

Cheers!
Rick

Post a reply to this message

From: Slime
Subject: Re: Creating moulding for a picture frame
Date: 27 Jan 2005 22:35:55
Message: <41f9b31b$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm looking for something like a sphere sweep but for a bezier defined
> 2d shape. Does such a thing exist?

Sounds to me like you want a bicubic_patch.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Williams
Date: 28 Jan 2005 02:22:29
Message: <5gjGUFA3Ue+BFwqJ@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Rick Measham who wrote:
>I'm looking for something like a sphere sweep but for a bezier defined
>2d shape. Does such a thing exist?

That sounds like a call for the SweepSpline macro.
There's a copy of it in the download at the bottom of this page:
<http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/more.htm>

It doesn't use isosurfaces, but it does a similar job to the isosurface
tricks demonstrated on that page.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure