POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about a Mini-Cooper-a-thon Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  How about a Mini-Cooper-a-thon (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: How about a Mini-Cooper-a-thon
Date: 17 Jan 2005 23:15:42
Message: <41ec8d6e$1@news.povray.org>
In honor of Gilles' releasing the code for his Mini-Cooper scene (
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources16.htm ) under a Creative
Commons Attribution licencse, how about if we were to have a
Mini-Cooper-a-thon,  where we see what we can do with the code.  I would
envision a bunch of people each making a scene where you have introduced an
element to the existing street scene, where that something that is unique to
your povray craft or personality.  Kind of like a series of  photos tourists
would each take of themselves on a movie set.  It could be your alien, your
poser figure, your geometrical construct, your clay pot.   Just upload to
p.b.i.

I had earlier shared this.  Had I more time, I might have made my guy
actually sitting in the drivers' seat.
http://pterandon.blogspot.com/2005/01/image-made-from-my-character-and-scene.html

Post a reply to this message

I think it's a neat idea, but I won't have time to even think about it for a
couple of weeks (POVComp).  My computer is booked up for the foreseeable
future. hehe

If I don't create something, I'll at least share my idea, and then everyone
can have a laugh.  :-)

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com