POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoseRay 3.8.4 - now even easier to get characters into POV-Ray Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  PoseRay 3.8.4 - now even easier to get characters into POV-Ray (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: FlyerX
Subject: PoseRay 3.8.4 - now even easier to get characters into POV-Ray
Date: 5 Jan 2005 23:43:59
Message: <41dcc20f$1@news.povray.org>
New version of PoseRay.

http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/index.htm

Many bug fixes and improved support for Poser scenes and DAZ Studio
materials.

Detailed list of changes:
http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/poserayhelp.htm#Version_History

What are PoseRay's functions?

# Converts Wavefront (OBJ & MTL), 3D studio (3DS), LightWave (LWO),
AutoCAD (DXF), Moray (UDO) and raw triangle (RAW) 3D models into POV-Ray
scenes, Moray UDO files or Wavefront models (OBJ & MTL).

materials and setup of lights and camera
# Simulation of environmental illumination (HDRI) from high dynamic
range images
# Subdivision: Smooth and flat
# Material property editor (you can type in your own POV-Ray materials)
# General geometry transformations
# Simulation of cartoon rendering
# Support for Poser scenes including geometry, materials, lights and camera
# Support for DAZ Studio scenes including geometry and materials.

Now it is even easier to get human characters into POV-Ray since DAZ
just released their high resolution figures (Victoria 3 and Michael 3)
for free. Along with DAZ|Studio and PoseRay you can have human
characters in POV-Ray scenes for free.
www.daz3d.com (needs a free account to get the files)

To get free textures and clothing for them you can try Renderosity
(www.renderosity.com).

There are other free characters listed on my links section at my site
http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/

enjoy,

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message