POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HDR problem Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:10:38 EDT (-0400)
  HDR problem (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Maurice
Subject: HDR problem
Date: 30 Dec 2004 13:04:29
Message: <41d4432d$2@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've started experimenting with HDR in MegaPov 1.1
I set out modifying the hdr_mapping.pov demofile in scenes\megapov\hdr
to render the kitchen_probe.

I moved the camera a bit : location <4,4,-8>
and of course I'm using map_type 7

The resulting image was somewhat unexpected. (Image binary is posted in
p.b.images. It seems that the probe is not correctly mapped onto the sphere.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Maurice

Post a reply to this message

> I've started experimenting with HDR in MegaPov 1.1
> I set out modifying the hdr_mapping.pov demofile in scenes\megapov\hdr
> to render the kitchen_probe.
>
> I moved the camera a bit : location <4,4,-8>
> and of course I'm using map_type 7
>
> The resulting image was somewhat unexpected. (Image binary is posted in
> p.b.images. It seems that the probe is not correctly mapped onto the
> sphere.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

What you see is a limitation of the map_type 7 - the distortion of the
projection increases with the distance from the center.  Either rotate
the map to have another area in view or use a differetly projected HDR
map.  Note in most cases you will not want to have the HDR map in direct
view anyway (unless it is very high resolution).

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______